Life Vests are the most important piece of equipment on your boat. About 80% of boating fatalities happen to boaters who are not wearing a life jacket. Most are unexpectedly submerged into the water with no time to grab a life jacket. Colorado Marine Dealers Association wants to keep all boaters safe.
How Do Life Jackets Save Lives?
- When capsized in rough water.
- When sinking in unexpectedly heavy sea conditions.
- When thrown from the boat as a result of a collision.
- When injured by rocks or submerged objects.
- When unconscious from carbon monoxide fumes.
- When tossed into freezing water.
- When thrown off balance while fishing.
- When unable to swim because of heavy or waterlogged clothing.